Paw Scale: 4/5
Stroll along the leafy three-mile circular route from the Top Up Tap down to the Garden’s Victorian bridge crossing the River Kelvin and along Kelvin Walkway to the other Victorian Glasgow landmark, Kelvingrove Park.
Wind back to Botanic Gardens by either retracing your steps along the river, or walk up along Gibson Street, past the gothic towers of the University of Glasgow and along Byres Road, past its boutique shops and coffee shops. Returning to the Botanic Gardens, where the Botanic Gardens Tearoom await.
Situated at the west end of Glasgow, the Botanic Gardens is home to a wide variety of temperate and tropical flora.
Featuring several impressive glasshouses, the largest, Kibble Palace is a 19th-century wrought iron-framed glasshouse, covering 2137 m2. It now houses a forest of tree ferns and was originally a private conservatory located at Coulport on Loch Long. It was moved to its present site in 1873 and was first used as a concert hall and meeting place, hosting celebrated speakers such as Gladstone and Disraeli.